According to the regulation of the Council of Ministers, the Higher School of Agriculture in Olsztyn was called into being as a result of uniting the Higher Schools of Farming of Łódź and Cieszyn.
The Minister of Higher Schools and Science orders to establish Agricultural, Animal Husbandry and Dairy Science Faculties at the Olsztyn Higher School of Agriculture.
Inauguration of the first academic year in the Stefan Jaracz Theatre in Olsztyn. 1200 students begin their studies.
Establishing the Faculty of Fish Culture.
|1956||The school is granted a partial autonomy, the first election of the rector and deputy-rectors, and deans and deputy-deans is held.|
|1961||First foreign students from Yugoslavia, Ghana, Egypt, Korea and Vietnam start their studies in the school.|
|1967||Establishing the Faculties of Veterinary Medicine and Geodesy.|
|1969||On the School’s initiative, the Faculty of Mechanics and the Faculty of Civil Engineering are established. The Higher Teachers’ School in Olsztyn is established.|
|1.09.1970||The Faculty of Water Protection and Inland Fisheries is called into being within the Higher School of Agriculture in Olsztyn.|
|1.10.1972||According to the regulation of the Council of Ministers, the Higher School of Agriculture is renamed the Academy of Agriculture and Technology.|
|1989||The Seym of the Republic of Poland gives the name of Michał Oczapowski to the Academy of Agriculture and Technology.|
|1.09.1995||The Faculty of Management starts its activity in the Academy of Agriculture and Technology.|
|15.07.1997||An extraordinary session of the Senate of the Academy of Agriculture and Technology, at which a resolution of establishing a university in Olsztyn was passed with the share of Higher Pedagogic School and Warmia Theological Institute in Olsztyn.|
|29.04.1998||Calling into being a Team for Establishing the University in Olsztyn.|
|9.07.1999||Passing a bill of establishing the University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn by the Seym of the Republic of Poland.|
|1.09.1999||Transforming the Academy of Agriculture and Technology into the University of Warmia and Mazury, with the share of the Higher Pedagogic School, the Warmia Theological Institute in Olsztyn and other scientific centres of Olsztyn.|
|1.10.1999||The first inauguration at the University of Warmia and Mazury. The University begins its activity with 2,778 employees, including 1,657 academic teachers, of whom 385 are professors and habilitated doctors (174 titular professors), 450 assistants. The total number of students amounts to about 25,000.|